US denounces Iran Holocaust conferenceBreaking News
"The gathering of Holocaust deniers in Tehran is an affront to the entire civilized world, as well as to the traditional Iranian values of tolerance and mutual respect," she said.
"While people around the world mark International Human Rights Week and renew the solemn pledges of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights, which was drafted in the wake of the atrocities of World War II, the Iranian regime perversely seeks to call the historical fact of those atrocities into question and provide a platform for hatred," she said.
Her comments came as Iran pressed on with its controversial conference, even as international outrage mounted over its hosting of revisionist historians who cast doubt on the mass slaughter of six million Jews in World War II.
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 12/12/2006
The meeting according to this author or article is open (only) to those who want to disprove the holocaust happened.
This is interesting, since prominent Jewish Orthodox leaders are also attending Of course the author is not taking a swipe at these distinguished persons.
Or is this a denigration, even though they said they are not attending to prove holocaust, considering it is already proven.
Perhaps this slip (or swipe) may be more because of why these respected Orthodox leaders are attending, to break this excuse of the holocaust being used to drive the last of the Palestinians out of Palestine.
That the radical Ultra-Orthodox minority in Israel are those in control, and the Christian zionist in America furnish all that is needed, including Phophorus, Cluster-bomb, Chemical and other toys of war, perhaps this might be a point the author needs look a little closer. At least wait until the statement being made might be based upon some (existing) truth.
True the Iran President is said makes wild statements, I've discovered they become even more radical as they pass through US-Media think-passages.
- Letters collection offers unique glimpse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project