Iran hosts Holocaust conferenceBreaking News
One such group, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, planned to counter the event with a teleconference showcasing stories from Holocaust survivors.
Manouchehr Mohammadi, Iran's deputy foreign minister for research, told Iran's state-run news agency, IRNA, that Tehran's leaders would accept that the Holocaust occurred if scholars attending the conference could prove that the Nazi regime exterminated 6 million Jews during World War II.
But Mohammadi said Iran does not deny the murders and damages caused by Hitler's genocide, nor that 50 million people were the victims of his racism, according to IRNA.
He said the conference is to be held in response to international outrage at Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's repeated assertion that the Holocaust is a myth. (Full story)
"If the Holocaust is a historical event, then is it not warranted to be looked into and researched?" Mohammadi asked rhetorically.
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 12/12/2006
It is interesting that a faction consisting of many US-Media are claiming the meeting is being opened in Iran to prove their was no holocaust. Apparently blending in the opinion of the outspoken President, who today is even rebuked by his own people.
A group of Orthodox Jewish leaders are also attending, not to prove there was a holocaust that is proven, but that a radical minority in Israel are using it as an excuse for driving Palestinians out of what is left of Palestine.
These are times of both propagandists, and truth seekers (and speekers), it will be interesting to see if the radical Christian and Jewish Zionists will be able to deflect open and honest discussion.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"