End of Soviet Union anniversary passes without noticeBreaking News
Now 15 years later, no celebration or demonstration was held in Moscow."What's there to celebrate on this anniversary?" asked Natalia Kokoreva, a 60-year-old retiree in the Russian capital.
"With the fall of the USSR, my life went downhill," said Evgueni, 49, a Moscow street sweeper."Before, I lived well, I could go on vacation, I went to the mountains. Now I can't even go visit my brother in Tver," a city about 250 kilometers (155 miles) north of Moscow.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history