World War I Museum Opening in Mo.Breaking News
But this weekend, the"war to end all wars" takes center stage when the National World War I Museum opens, giving the public a chance to learn about -- and from -- the conflict that catapulted the United States toward superpower status.
"Unfulfilled needs, national ambitions, national culture clashes, all of the things that were in play in World War I are still with us today," said Brig. Gen. Stephen Berkheiser, executive director of the new museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy