World War I Museum Opening in Mo.
But this weekend, the"war to end all wars" takes center stage when the National World War I Museum opens, giving the public a chance to learn about -- and from -- the conflict that catapulted the United States toward superpower status.
"Unfulfilled needs, national ambitions, national culture clashes, all of the things that were in play in World War I are still with us today," said Brig. Gen. Stephen Berkheiser, executive director of the new museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?