Japan to Pay Compensation to War Orphans
The 65 plaintiffs claimed the government was responsible for their delayed return to Japan and upon their return, had failed to provide adequate support to help them reintegrate into Japanese society. They were each seeking $285,000 in compensation.
The Kobe District Court ordered the state to pay between $57,000 and $199,000 to 61 of the plaintiffs, according to court official Yukio Ogushi. The court rejected claims by four others, he said. The total amount of compensation will be more than $4 million, Kyodo News agency reported.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic