Raul Castro called "guardian" of Cuban revolution
"We recognize Raul as the steadfast guardian of the Cuban Revolution," Information Minister Ramiro Valdes, a former security chief, said in a speech to 200,000 people at a military-civilian rally in the eastern city of Santiago. His words added to the growing perception among Cubans that their ailing leader Fidel Castro, last seen in pictures on October 28 looking gaunt and frail, may be too ill to resume governing.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”