Raul Castro called "guardian" of Cuban revolutionBreaking News
"We recognize Raul as the steadfast guardian of the Cuban Revolution," Information Minister Ramiro Valdes, a former security chief, said in a speech to 200,000 people at a military-civilian rally in the eastern city of Santiago. His words added to the growing perception among Cubans that their ailing leader Fidel Castro, last seen in pictures on October 28 looking gaunt and frail, may be too ill to resume governing.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history