Boston Library Still Missing Antique MapsBreaking News
Library officials released a detailed list of the missing documents to map dealers Wednesday, in case they show up on the market."We'll shine the bright light and see if some of these things out there can find their way home," Bernard Margolis, president of the Boston Public Library, told The Boston Globe.
The books containing the missing maps were used by E. Forbes Smiley III, a rare maps dealer with a home on Martha's Vineyard. In September, Smiley was sentenced in federal court in New Haven, Conn., to three years in prison for stealing nearly 100 rare maps worth about $3 million from libraries in five cities, including Boston, New York and London.
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders