Fury as Israelis damage war cemetery where Brits are buriedBreaking News
The cemetery is the resting place for 3,686 Commonwealth servicemen, mostly British infantrymen
The British embassy in Tel Aviv wrote to the Israeli government four months ago after six headstones and a perimeter wall were destroyed by an Israeli army bulldozer but has not yet received an answer.
More damage was done last week during an Israeli operation in the nearby town of Beit Hanoun, when an attack helicopter used its cannon to fire at one of the cemetery's larger group memorial stones.
comments powered by Disqus
Salé Braun - 11/15/2006
You should address your complains-if you happen to have any-to Hamas!Thanks anyway for your thoughtful comments.
Lorraine Paul - 11/15/2006
There would definitely be Australian servicement buried there. We lost 60,000 of our best in that war, and another 107,000 or so were wounded.
Thanks for your sensitivity, Israel!!
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors