Mexican footprints may be among oldest in AmericasBreaking News
The 13 footprints found in Cuatro Cienegas in the northern state of Coahuila are fossilized in stone less than an inch (2 cm) deep and are around the age of the oldest known footprints in North or South America.
"We believe they could be between 10,000 and 15,000 years old," said archeologist Yuri de la Rosa."The research we have done on Cuatro Cienegas shows the presence of hunters and gatherers in the Coahuila desert beginning 10,000 years ago."
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools