Divided Hungary marks 50th anniversary of anti-Soviet uprisingBreaking News
The move torpedoed efforts to use the 50th anniversary to unite the country in the spirit of the 1956 uprising, when a peaceful student protest spontaneously turned into a mass upheaval against Stalinist oppression.
But on hand to remember the uprising were 18 European presidents and two prime ministers, the kings of Spain and Norway, and the heads of the European Commission and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments