Another White House memoir spells trouble for BushBreaking News
But when some of its charter members leave the lofty confines of power, watch out.
It's almost like they wriggle free of the straitjacket, rip the masking tape off their mouths and finally feel free to reveal the inner machinations of Bush World.
Paul O'Neill was a garden-variety Treasury Secretary until he quit, later charging in a book that President Bush showed little interest in policy discussions and led Cabinet meetings "like a blind man in a roomful of deaf people." Richard Clarke, after quitting his counterterrorism job, declared in a book that Bush responded lackadaisically in 2001 to repeated warnings of an impending terrorist attack.
Now comes David Kuo, a special assistant to President Bush from 2001 to 2003. Keith Olbermann and "Countdown" got the first look at his book, 'Tempting Faith," and MSNBC has this report:
"A self-described conservative Christian, Kuo's previous experience includes work for prominent conservatives including former Education Secretary and federal drug czar Bill Bennett and former Attorney General John Ashcroft.
"Kuo, who has complained publicly in the past about the funding shortfalls, goes several steps further in his new book.
"He says some of the nation's most prominent evangelical leaders were known in the office of presidential political strategist Karl Rove as 'the nuts.'
comments powered by Disqus
Lorraine Paul - 10/16/2006
To be honest, I'm thankful that Rove, and hopefully Bush, are only using the religious right to further their own agenda. Some of those people really are 'nuts'!
On the other hand, I don't think Bush is the brightest bulb in the box. However, he does seem rat-cunning and will probably leave office without a stain or dirty mark.
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81