The Chicago History Museum expects its popularity to grow with the opening of its costume exhibitBreaking News
In fact, the newly remodeled Chicago History Museum is banking on it.
The Chicago Historical Society reopens Saturday after a 10-month renovation with a new name and, for the first time in a long time, a permanent venue to show off one of the largest costume collections in the nation.
Costume exhibits are popular attractions and almost always spark an increase in attendance, a fact that isn't lost on the museum's president, Gary Johnson.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Lacy - 10/3/2006
For those of you not located the Chicago area, costumes are not the focus at the newly remodeled Chicago History Museum (CHM). This excerpt does not do justice to the institution's changes. Here's a better article on their remodeling: http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/premium/printedition/Thursday/atplay/chi-0609280241sep28,1,754724.story (Chicago Tribune, titled: "At revamped museum, hot dogs to hot rod make history").
For starters, CHM's new exhibit space is not solely dedicated to costume exhibits. Secondly, the goal of the remodeling was to make the institution feel friendlier to all ages, ethnicities, and economic classes (i.e. the name change from "Chicago Historical Society" to "Chicago History Museum").
I hope CHM succeeds in their efforts.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades