The Chicago History Museum expects its popularity to grow with the opening of its costume exhibitBreaking News
In fact, the newly remodeled Chicago History Museum is banking on it.
The Chicago Historical Society reopens Saturday after a 10-month renovation with a new name and, for the first time in a long time, a permanent venue to show off one of the largest costume collections in the nation.
Costume exhibits are popular attractions and almost always spark an increase in attendance, a fact that isn't lost on the museum's president, Gary Johnson.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Lacy - 10/3/2006
For those of you not located the Chicago area, costumes are not the focus at the newly remodeled Chicago History Museum (CHM). This excerpt does not do justice to the institution's changes. Here's a better article on their remodeling: http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/premium/printedition/Thursday/atplay/chi-0609280241sep28,1,754724.story (Chicago Tribune, titled: "At revamped museum, hot dogs to hot rod make history").
For starters, CHM's new exhibit space is not solely dedicated to costume exhibits. Secondly, the goal of the remodeling was to make the institution feel friendlier to all ages, ethnicities, and economic classes (i.e. the name change from "Chicago Historical Society" to "Chicago History Museum").
I hope CHM succeeds in their efforts.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity