Eyes on the Prize to be broadcast by PBS again
CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS. Programs 1 and 2 will air as a two-hour block and the same is true for the rest of the series throughout October.
Unfortunately, this time around, PBS will only sell copies to institutions. There will be no home video sales so do what you can to purchase DVDs through your church or community group or local non-profit.
For more details on the series, see the press release below and the links to several useful EYES ON THE PRIZE websites that have been developed for the re-broadcast:
American Experience/ PBS --
Facing History: Eyes on the Prize Study Guide for Classroom Use--
Biography of Henry Hampton, series creator and executive producer -
The Henry Hampton Collection of EYES ON THE PRIZE interviews at
Washington University --
comments powered by Disqus
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success
- Sven Beckert’s List of the Ten Books on Slavery You Need to Read
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed