The Fight Over a Holocaust Suitcase and the Memories It CarriesBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Stannous Flouride - 9/19/2006
The details of this very touching story bring to mind several other recent developments- the repatriation of Native American bones, the request for the return of classical art to Italy, Greece, and Egypt, and the need to preserve threatened monuments around the world.
While I have deep sympathy for Monsieur Levî-Leleu I can also see that if this were permitted and set a precedent, the huge piles of artifacts that are such powerful and moving symbols at Auschwitz could easily be decimated.
No easy answers here.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook