The Fight Over a Holocaust Suitcase and the Memories It CarriesBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Stannous Flouride - 9/19/2006
The details of this very touching story bring to mind several other recent developments- the repatriation of Native American bones, the request for the return of classical art to Italy, Greece, and Egypt, and the need to preserve threatened monuments around the world.
While I have deep sympathy for Monsieur Levî-Leleu I can also see that if this were permitted and set a precedent, the huge piles of artifacts that are such powerful and moving symbols at Auschwitz could easily be decimated.
No easy answers here.
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide