The Fight Over a Holocaust Suitcase and the Memories It CarriesBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Stannous Flouride - 9/19/2006
The details of this very touching story bring to mind several other recent developments- the repatriation of Native American bones, the request for the return of classical art to Italy, Greece, and Egypt, and the need to preserve threatened monuments around the world.
While I have deep sympathy for Monsieur Levî-Leleu I can also see that if this were permitted and set a precedent, the huge piles of artifacts that are such powerful and moving symbols at Auschwitz could easily be decimated.
No easy answers here.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments