Tamil Tiger 'regret' over Gandhi
Correspondents say it is the closest the rebels have come to admitting they were responsible for the murder.
India was the first country to ban the Tigers as a result of the killing.
The BBC's Ethirajan Anbarasan says the rebels' expression of regret may be linked to their increased international isolation after recent bans by the European Union and Canada.
He says the rebels feel they need some sort of support from India, which once armed and supported them.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay
- The Hong Kong events in historical perspective: An interview with Jeffrey Wasserstrom
- Colorado professor helped create framework for controversial AP US History Course