Arizona legislators want Old Glory and the Constitution in every public school classroom (colleges, too)Breaking News
Mott wrote to legislators about his concerns and the result will be reaching the Arizona governor’s office: legislation to require every public college or university to display an American flag in every classroom — and copies of the Bill of Rights and Constitution, too. There’s no word on whether the governor will sign the bill but — in the words of one college official — “it’s hard to veto a flag bill.”
The legislation started out with just the flag requirement and it applies to all levels of public education in the state, although most elementary and secondary schools already have flags in every classroom, so minimal impact is expected there. The flags would have to be at least 2 feet by 3 feet and be properly displayed. As the bill moved through the Legislature, it was amended to also require that legible copies of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights must also be on display in every classroom.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 6/23/2006
We are waving good by to the Constitution, whenever we get out our flags, in support of the Bush/Cheney Administration! Patriotism, is being used to Bury the Fourth Amendment....
Putting the Constitution on the walls of every classroom means Nothing, when G.W.Bush picks and chooses which LAW he will Obey!
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy