OAH using its July regional meeting to kick off a year long celebration of the 100th anniversary of the organization
The 2006 OAH Midwest Regional Conference returns us full circle to celebrate the OAH’s origins, history, and midwestern roots. The program presents an exciting array of sessions, speakers, and events that highlight the range of historical topics that our profession explores, as well as the variety of ways in which we interpret, teach, and share what we know about the substance and practice of American history. The opening, plenary session surveys the origins and history of the OAH, as well as providing informed perspectives about the organization’s future.
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us