OAH using its July regional meeting to kick off a year long celebration of the 100th anniversary of the organization
The 2006 OAH Midwest Regional Conference returns us full circle to celebrate the OAH’s origins, history, and midwestern roots. The program presents an exciting array of sessions, speakers, and events that highlight the range of historical topics that our profession explores, as well as the variety of ways in which we interpret, teach, and share what we know about the substance and practice of American history. The opening, plenary session surveys the origins and history of the OAH, as well as providing informed perspectives about the organization’s future.
comments powered by Disqus
- Economist disputes Nial Ferguson's claim that the Fed is to blame for the stock market’s volatility
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama