British Faculty Union Gears Up for Showdown Over Proposed Academic Boycott of Israel
Members of the National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education, which refers to itself as Natfhe: the University and College Lecturers' Union, will be asked "to consider their own responsibility for ensuring equity and nondiscrimination in contacts with Israeli educational institutions or individuals, and to consider the appropriateness of a boycott of those that do not publicly dissociate themselves" from certain policies of the Israeli government. The motion refers to "continuing Israeli apartheid policies" such as "construction of the exclusion wall and discriminatory educational practices."
comments powered by Disqus
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial