Entire Mammoth Skeleton Found in RussiaBreaking News
Local fishermen found the practically intact skeleton on the shore of a dam lake when the flood waters retreated, archeologist Alexander Kerzhayev said.
“The find has retained a backbone, a skull with teeth and a tusk and other anatomic details,” Kerzhayev said.
A whole mammoth skeleton is a rare and valuable find, but the Krasnoyarsk skeleton is likely to be lost again. To preserve the bones, affected by water, a complicated technical procedure is required. Since the archeological community cannot afford it, most of the skeleton will be lost, except for several parts that will go on display in the local museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history