'Brazilian Stonehenge' discoveredBreaking News
The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.
Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge.
It was traditionally thought that before European colonisation, the Amazon had no advanced societies.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/20/2006
Slowly the veil and timeline for humanity's existance as an advanced,tool using species continues past the mere 6,000 years of recorded history of developement. True no equivelents of say a computer or F-16 have yet been found but hints exist. After 80,000 years what would survive war and geological movement? Not much.
Cycles of time and humanity-whether Cromagnon or homo s.s. could concievably create advanced societies & lose them again over 250,000 years.
Only the future discoveries will tell us when taken in toto. Until then we wait.
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.