'Brazilian Stonehenge' discoveredBreaking News
The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.
Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge.
It was traditionally thought that before European colonisation, the Amazon had no advanced societies.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/20/2006
Slowly the veil and timeline for humanity's existance as an advanced,tool using species continues past the mere 6,000 years of recorded history of developement. True no equivelents of say a computer or F-16 have yet been found but hints exist. After 80,000 years what would survive war and geological movement? Not much.
Cycles of time and humanity-whether Cromagnon or homo s.s. could concievably create advanced societies & lose them again over 250,000 years.
Only the future discoveries will tell us when taken in toto. Until then we wait.
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport