'Brazilian Stonehenge' discoveredBreaking News
The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.
Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge.
It was traditionally thought that before European colonisation, the Amazon had no advanced societies.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/20/2006
Slowly the veil and timeline for humanity's existance as an advanced,tool using species continues past the mere 6,000 years of recorded history of developement. True no equivelents of say a computer or F-16 have yet been found but hints exist. After 80,000 years what would survive war and geological movement? Not much.
Cycles of time and humanity-whether Cromagnon or homo s.s. could concievably create advanced societies & lose them again over 250,000 years.
Only the future discoveries will tell us when taken in toto. Until then we wait.
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed