'Brazilian Stonehenge' discoveredBreaking News
The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.
Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge.
It was traditionally thought that before European colonisation, the Amazon had no advanced societies.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/20/2006
Slowly the veil and timeline for humanity's existance as an advanced,tool using species continues past the mere 6,000 years of recorded history of developement. True no equivelents of say a computer or F-16 have yet been found but hints exist. After 80,000 years what would survive war and geological movement? Not much.
Cycles of time and humanity-whether Cromagnon or homo s.s. could concievably create advanced societies & lose them again over 250,000 years.
Only the future discoveries will tell us when taken in toto. Until then we wait.
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017