Lawrence of Arabia 'made up' sex attack by Turk troopsBreaking News
The brutal sex attack on Lt Col T E Lawrence by Turkish soldiers, which allegedly took place while he was serving as the British liaison officer during the Arab revolt, was considered so contentious that it was covered up by the British Army.
But now, a new history of the Arab revolt is to claim that Lawrence invented the attack in order to smear political opponents and fulfil his own sado-masochistic urges.
The supposed rape on November 20, 1917, at the Syrian fortress town at Deraa has been the subject of much speculation over the years.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/20/2006
False charges,if they are,contentions still abound in this area of charge counter charge only leave us at an impasse. Having just our own points of view to guide us one way, the other way or no where at all.
Is this defining data or another layer of confusive argument?
What is defining this discussion?
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian