Rome memorial for Pope shootingBreaking News
A statue of the Virgin of Fatima, who the Pope believed saved his life, was flown in from Portugal for a special Mass at St Peter's Basilica.
John Paul was critically wounded when he was shot three times by Turkish gunman Mehmet Ali Agca on 13 May 1981.
A simple marble slab now marks the spot of the shooting in St Peter's Square.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions