Ward Churchill’s lawyers are threatening to sue the University of Colorado, BoulderBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/13/2006
The tale continues to wag the dog. Don't fault me, if I were using the old quotation in its oringal context I would have written tail rather than tale. Churchill's odyssey is a tale unlike anything I am aware of. His career and position was formed on the basic premise that he was a Native American, a claim he made that has been found untrue, yet he continues to be treated as if he were a trod upon minority. A crude comparison would be when John Travolta's urban cowboy was asked if he were a cowboy and he responded that it depended on what the questioner thought a cowboy was. Who in Colorado still believes Churchill is an Indian under any definition? He lied, better men than he have been fired or not hired for pretending less credentials.
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian