Ward Churchill’s lawyers are threatening to sue the University of Colorado, BoulderBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/13/2006
The tale continues to wag the dog. Don't fault me, if I were using the old quotation in its oringal context I would have written tail rather than tale. Churchill's odyssey is a tale unlike anything I am aware of. His career and position was formed on the basic premise that he was a Native American, a claim he made that has been found untrue, yet he continues to be treated as if he were a trod upon minority. A crude comparison would be when John Travolta's urban cowboy was asked if he were a cowboy and he responded that it depended on what the questioner thought a cowboy was. Who in Colorado still believes Churchill is an Indian under any definition? He lied, better men than he have been fired or not hired for pretending less credentials.
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests