Ward Churchill’s lawyers are threatening to sue the University of Colorado, BoulderBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/13/2006
The tale continues to wag the dog. Don't fault me, if I were using the old quotation in its oringal context I would have written tail rather than tale. Churchill's odyssey is a tale unlike anything I am aware of. His career and position was formed on the basic premise that he was a Native American, a claim he made that has been found untrue, yet he continues to be treated as if he were a trod upon minority. A crude comparison would be when John Travolta's urban cowboy was asked if he were a cowboy and he responded that it depended on what the questioner thought a cowboy was. Who in Colorado still believes Churchill is an Indian under any definition? He lied, better men than he have been fired or not hired for pretending less credentials.
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.