Ward Churchill’s lawyers are threatening to sue the University of Colorado, Boulder
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/13/2006
The tale continues to wag the dog. Don't fault me, if I were using the old quotation in its oringal context I would have written tail rather than tale. Churchill's odyssey is a tale unlike anything I am aware of. His career and position was formed on the basic premise that he was a Native American, a claim he made that has been found untrue, yet he continues to be treated as if he were a trod upon minority. A crude comparison would be when John Travolta's urban cowboy was asked if he were a cowboy and he responded that it depended on what the questioner thought a cowboy was. Who in Colorado still believes Churchill is an Indian under any definition? He lied, better men than he have been fired or not hired for pretending less credentials.
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize