The actor's wife and the Stasi files (Germany)
Hundreds of thousands of people have come to search the old Stasi files in the last 15 years to find out that their friends, neighbours or even family members had been secret police informers.
Now, one of these cases is dominating the German media and it had brought me here.
I flipped the page and was met with the beautiful young face of Jenny Grollmann, then a successful young actress, now a 59-year-old woman fighting cancer and battling for her honour.
Ms Grollmann has recently brought out a court injunction against a book in which her former husband, Ulrich Muhe, also an actor, accuses her of being a Stasi informer.
comments powered by Disqus
- King Tutankhamun did not die in chariot crash, virtual autopsy reveals
- Easter Island’s ancient inhabitants weren’t so isolated after all
- Turin shroud was made for medieval Easter ritual, historian says
- Japanese Village Grappling With Wartime Sins Comes Under Attack
- Gestapo Imposter Tricked Nazi Sympathizers in WWII
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America
- History to Launch Online Course for College Credit
- 33.3 million viewers tuned in for 'The Roosevelts' documentary series
- Eric Foner debunks Underground Railroad myth
- Juan Cole claims the Arab Spring is still promising. Doubters say he’s naive.