The actor's wife and the Stasi files (Germany)
Hundreds of thousands of people have come to search the old Stasi files in the last 15 years to find out that their friends, neighbours or even family members had been secret police informers.
Now, one of these cases is dominating the German media and it had brought me here.
I flipped the page and was met with the beautiful young face of Jenny Grollmann, then a successful young actress, now a 59-year-old woman fighting cancer and battling for her honour.
Ms Grollmann has recently brought out a court injunction against a book in which her former husband, Ulrich Muhe, also an actor, accuses her of being a Stasi informer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yemen museum destroyed
- Viking beaters: Scots and Irish may have settled Iceland a century before Norsemen
- Secret diary of a top Soviet official shows the leadership was in turmoil 15 years before the USSR’s demise
- New History Dispute Splits U.S. Allies in Asia
- New exhibit at the Hirshhorn Museum focuses on Iranian history
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize
- Niall Ferguson Vs. Robert Skidelsky