The actor's wife and the Stasi files (Germany)
Hundreds of thousands of people have come to search the old Stasi files in the last 15 years to find out that their friends, neighbours or even family members had been secret police informers.
Now, one of these cases is dominating the German media and it had brought me here.
I flipped the page and was met with the beautiful young face of Jenny Grollmann, then a successful young actress, now a 59-year-old woman fighting cancer and battling for her honour.
Ms Grollmann has recently brought out a court injunction against a book in which her former husband, Ulrich Muhe, also an actor, accuses her of being a Stasi informer.
comments powered by Disqus
- New ISIS video shows militants smashing ancient Iraq artifacts
- How air conditioning helped Ronald Reagan become president
- Mount Vernon uses lasers to scan mansion down to the nail
- Ray Bradbury home's demise has LA re-examining its history
- Alan Turing’s family demands the UK pardon its convicted homosexuals
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic