NYT Editorial raps Bush for issuing signing statementsBreaking News
President Bush doesn't bother with vetoes; he simply declares his intention not to enforce anything he dislikes. Charlie Savage at The Globe reported recently that Mr. Bush had issued more than 750 "presidential signing statements" declaring he wouldn't do what the laws required. Perhaps the most infamous was the one in which he stated that he did not really feel bound by the Congressional ban on the torture of prisoners.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/6/2006
Yet another reason to impeach this political monster and his sinister cabal of reactionaries. Just imagine taking an oath only to ignore it at leasure,one that has the force of law.
Like a modern day Caesar having the the power of a dictator with a willing senate in tow. Decades of erosion of the republic centralizing the powers in the executive by both parties till now when the walls of seperation of powers is all but null.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments