OAH to post recent scholarship online only to save moneyBreaking News
The news was announced by Journal editor Edward T. Linenthal at the organization's annual business meeting today.
Linenthal says the move will save the OAH $20,000 a year.
He said this was the only major change he plans to make in the near future. He took over as editor last year.
comments powered by Disqus
Nigel Anthony Sellars - 4/26/2006
Actually, this doesn't mean the entire journal will be only on-line (although it is on-line at www.historycooperative.org)
Annually,(IIRC, as it might be more frequently now) JAH listed all the recently published articles, books, and dissertations within sub-fields of US history. That can add up to several pages and a lot of time and money.
I'll be sad to see it only on-line as I found it nice to see what my friends and colleagues had recently published.
S J - 4/24/2006
It will be interesting to see what this does to the Journal's repute. I hope it goes well and think that eventually, more journals will be forced to move in this direction.
Stefanie Beninato - 4/23/2006
great idea! Would it save the OAH by making the journal available in CD format rather than paper. I would rather that form.
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses