Gaming Board hears contrasting views on effects of a casino near Gettysburg
LeVan, president and CEO of the investment group behind the proposed Crossroads Gaming Resort and Spa, told the board his 3,000-machine slots casino would be the only Category Two casino easily accessible to Northern Maryland, northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro area markets.
Adams County Commissioner Lucy Lott countered that two current factors may adversely affect Crossroadsí revenue projections.
ìWith gas prices headed toward $3 per gallon, how many people will drive from Baltimore and northern Virginia, possibly bypassing (casinos) which Maryland is considering to keep money in Maryland,î she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”