Gaming Board hears contrasting views on effects of a casino near GettysburgBreaking News
LeVan, president and CEO of the investment group behind the proposed Crossroads Gaming Resort and Spa, told the board his 3,000-machine slots casino would be the only Category Two casino easily accessible to Northern Maryland, northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro area markets.
Adams County Commissioner Lucy Lott countered that two current factors may adversely affect Crossroadsí revenue projections.
ìWith gas prices headed toward $3 per gallon, how many people will drive from Baltimore and northern Virginia, possibly bypassing (casinos) which Maryland is considering to keep money in Maryland,î she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans