Gaming Board hears contrasting views on effects of a casino near Gettysburg
LeVan, president and CEO of the investment group behind the proposed Crossroads Gaming Resort and Spa, told the board his 3,000-machine slots casino would be the only Category Two casino easily accessible to Northern Maryland, northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro area markets.
Adams County Commissioner Lucy Lott countered that two current factors may adversely affect Crossroadsí revenue projections.
ìWith gas prices headed toward $3 per gallon, how many people will drive from Baltimore and northern Virginia, possibly bypassing (casinos) which Maryland is considering to keep money in Maryland,î she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean