Gaming Board hears contrasting views on effects of a casino near GettysburgBreaking News
LeVan, president and CEO of the investment group behind the proposed Crossroads Gaming Resort and Spa, told the board his 3,000-machine slots casino would be the only Category Two casino easily accessible to Northern Maryland, northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro area markets.
Adams County Commissioner Lucy Lott countered that two current factors may adversely affect Crossroadsí revenue projections.
ìWith gas prices headed toward $3 per gallon, how many people will drive from Baltimore and northern Virginia, possibly bypassing (casinos) which Maryland is considering to keep money in Maryland,î she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81