Iraq Tourism Ministry: U.S. Damaged Ancient CityBreaking News
The Ministry of State for Tourism and Antiquities Affairs said in a statement that U.S. forces had set up a camp in Kish, near Hillah, about 60 miles south of Baghdad.
The U.S. military was preventing anyone from entering the important archaeological site to assess the damage, which was not specified, the statement said.
Last year, the British Museum said that U.S.-led troops using the ancient city of Babylon as a base damaged and contaminated artifacts dating back thousands of years in one of the world's most important ancient sites.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments