Alabama House Votes to Pardon Parks, OthersBreaking News
The bill was amended to say that the arrest records would not be expunged or sealed from public view, but would be turned over to the state Department of Archives and History.
That way, the records will provide a permanent record of civil disobedience that, in many cases, helped lead to desegregation.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments