Chinese slave laborers suit dismissed
The laborers said they were forced by the Japanese government to work in mines there, the Kyodo News Agency reports.
Judge Keiji Suda of the Fukuoka Disrict Court dismissed the charges Wednesday because although it was illegal, the crimes took place during the Meiji authority and the current government is not responsible.
The Meiji Consitution was in place from 1890 to 1947.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting