Chinese slave laborers suit dismissedBreaking News
The laborers said they were forced by the Japanese government to work in mines there, the Kyodo News Agency reports.
Judge Keiji Suda of the Fukuoka Disrict Court dismissed the charges Wednesday because although it was illegal, the crimes took place during the Meiji authority and the current government is not responsible.
The Meiji Consitution was in place from 1890 to 1947.
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors