New history of the Iraq War winning plaudits
The book's title is therefore more apt than its subtitle — "The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq" — which is only half accurate. Because the narrative essentially ends in the summer of 2003, this book is not a history of the counterinsurgency campaign that the United States has been waging in Iraq since then. It is, however, a penetrating examination of how and why the United States got itself into that mess.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland