New history of the Iraq War winning plaudits
The book's title is therefore more apt than its subtitle — "The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq" — which is only half accurate. Because the narrative essentially ends in the summer of 2003, this book is not a history of the counterinsurgency campaign that the United States has been waging in Iraq since then. It is, however, a penetrating examination of how and why the United States got itself into that mess.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?