New history of the Iraq War winning plauditsBreaking News
The book's title is therefore more apt than its subtitle — "The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq" — which is only half accurate. Because the narrative essentially ends in the summer of 2003, this book is not a history of the counterinsurgency campaign that the United States has been waging in Iraq since then. It is, however, a penetrating examination of how and why the United States got itself into that mess.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible