Circuit Court Upholds Denaturalization of Massachusetts Man WhoParticipated In Nazi Liquidation of Warsaw Jewish Ghetto
A 20-page opinion issued yesterday by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, in Boston, unanimously affirmed a January 2005 ruling by a federal district court judge in Boston who revoked the U.S. citizenship of Vladas Zajanckauskas, 90, of Millbury, Mass. The appeals court ruled that the evidence of his "participation in the notorious World War II operation to clear and destroy the Warsaw Ghetto," and of his subsequent immigration fraud was "sufficient to meet the government's heavy burden of proof."
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”