Some areas in peril from the Cohoke reservoir will be searched for Indian items (Virginia)Breaking News
The complex of sites promises such a rich potential for discoveries that one archaeologist likens it to a research park.
The thinly settled patchwork of fields and forests abounds with stone tools and other traces left by centuries of Indian inhabitants at places that could be imperiled by a reservoir approved for construction last year.
The area also is home to three modern-day Indian tribes that strongly opposed the reservoir.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying