Scientists row over Gosnold claim (UK, US)
The archaeologists in Virginia are arguing with UK experts over American founding father Bartholomew Gosnold, born in Grundisburgh, Suffolk.
DNA tests revealed a skeleton buried in Suffolk is not related to the US bones.
US experts claim they have the real Gosnold while UK scientists believe the Suffolk skeleton is authentic.
The British experts believe the body buried at Shelley, Suffolk, is Gosnold's sister, buried in the 1600s, and are casting doubts on the American find.
Bartholomew Gosnold is said to have founded the first English-speaking American colony in Virginia in 1607.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project