Scientists row over Gosnold claim (UK, US)Breaking News
The archaeologists in Virginia are arguing with UK experts over American founding father Bartholomew Gosnold, born in Grundisburgh, Suffolk.
DNA tests revealed a skeleton buried in Suffolk is not related to the US bones.
US experts claim they have the real Gosnold while UK scientists believe the Suffolk skeleton is authentic.
The British experts believe the body buried at Shelley, Suffolk, is Gosnold's sister, buried in the 1600s, and are casting doubts on the American find.
Bartholomew Gosnold is said to have founded the first English-speaking American colony in Virginia in 1607.
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors