Scientists row over Gosnold claim (UK, US)
The archaeologists in Virginia are arguing with UK experts over American founding father Bartholomew Gosnold, born in Grundisburgh, Suffolk.
DNA tests revealed a skeleton buried in Suffolk is not related to the US bones.
US experts claim they have the real Gosnold while UK scientists believe the Suffolk skeleton is authentic.
The British experts believe the body buried at Shelley, Suffolk, is Gosnold's sister, buried in the 1600s, and are casting doubts on the American find.
Bartholomew Gosnold is said to have founded the first English-speaking American colony in Virginia in 1607.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate