Fake Egyptian antiquitiesBreaking News
The exhibit, known as the Amarna Princess, was bought for £440,000 two years ago by council bosses who claimed it was worth £1 million.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Arts and Antiques unit have taken the statue off display and launched an investigation.
Other exhibits have also been removed from a London Museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history