Sean Wilentz: Some bloggers are upset with his Bancroft awardHistorians in the News
UPDATE: Much Heat, Still No Light: In a comment on Bradford Short's post linked above, Richard Snow, editor of American Heritage, airs an old grudge against Wilentz, who had some unkind things to say about that magazine in TNR five years ago. Okay, but that still has nothing to do with the merits of The Rise of American Democracy or the Bancroft. On the plus side, Short has now corrected his misspelling of Bailyn's name. The NRO's Phi Beta Cons doesn't like Wilentz either--and also seems to know nothing about his book.
comments powered by Disqus
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Trump is so controversial Disney reportedly won’t let him have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy