Sean Wilentz: Some bloggers are upset with his Bancroft award
UPDATE: Much Heat, Still No Light: In a comment on Bradford Short's post linked above, Richard Snow, editor of American Heritage, airs an old grudge against Wilentz, who had some unkind things to say about that magazine in TNR five years ago. Okay, but that still has nothing to do with the merits of The Rise of American Democracy or the Bancroft. On the plus side, Short has now corrected his misspelling of Bailyn's name. The NRO's Phi Beta Cons doesn't like Wilentz either--and also seems to know nothing about his book.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)