Website gives window into Northern Ireland war past
It will be launched in the autumn, and will feature objects, reminiscences and war images.
The site is aimed at teachers and pupils studying the effects of the Second World War in Northern Ireland.
In addition to providing photographs and recordings of veterans reminiscing about the war, it will include maps showing the locations of memorials, batteries, graveyards and airfields.
Briony Crozier of the museums council said: "Whilst there is a variety of websites out there on the Second World War, this will be the first focusing on Northern Ireland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC