Website gives window into Northern Ireland war past
It will be launched in the autumn, and will feature objects, reminiscences and war images.
The site is aimed at teachers and pupils studying the effects of the Second World War in Northern Ireland.
In addition to providing photographs and recordings of veterans reminiscing about the war, it will include maps showing the locations of memorials, batteries, graveyards and airfields.
Briony Crozier of the museums council said: "Whilst there is a variety of websites out there on the Second World War, this will be the first focusing on Northern Ireland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences