Newspaper draws 200 entries in Holocaust contest (Iran)Breaking News
While the contest entrants are mostly Iranian, at least six Americans have submitted cartoons, as have other artists from Indonesia and Brazil, Hamshahri newspaper said.
Hamshahri, one of Iran's top five newspapers, began the contest last month as a test of the Western world's freedom of expression and readiness to reprint cartoons about the Nazi slaughter of six million Jews in the Second World War. The contest, which runs until 15 May, comes in response to caricatures of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that sparked protests, some violent, across much of the Muslim world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders