Fort built in 1793 will now guard area's past (Missouri)
"Does it make a lot of noise, and is it flashy?" asks C.W. Stewart, director of the Daniel Boone Home and Boonesfield Village in Defiance. "No, but it's a real find. How many 1793 buildings are we going to find that weren't known?"
For more than 200 years, the fort sat on property off what is now Muegge Road, where Fischer & Frichtel is building Spring Mill, a development of luxury homes that start at about $500,000.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America