British Tycoon Who Drowned Was Investigated for War CrimeBreaking News
But business was not the only thing potentially troubling Mr. Maxwell in the last days of his life, according to an account in the newspaper The Independent on Friday. The paper said that Mr. Maxwell, who owned the Mirror Group of newspapers, was also being investigated as a possible war criminal in connection with an episode in which, as a captain in the British Army during World War II, he shot and killed an unarmed German civilian.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments