British Tycoon Who Drowned Was Investigated for War Crime
But business was not the only thing potentially troubling Mr. Maxwell in the last days of his life, according to an account in the newspaper The Independent on Friday. The paper said that Mr. Maxwell, who owned the Mirror Group of newspapers, was also being investigated as a possible war criminal in connection with an episode in which, as a captain in the British Army during World War II, he shot and killed an unarmed German civilian.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic