Air raid shelter surfaces in dig (London)
It contained the remains of electrical fittings and gas heaters as well as shoes, an ink-well, a wartime fire bucket and a metal escape ladder.
Chalk drawings and other artefacts were also found. It is hoped the shelter will be kept open for history lessons.
"This was the moment archaeologists dream of," said Gabe Moshenka, of University College London, who organised the dig.
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award