Smithsonian to collect hip-hop relics for exhibition
The National Museum of American History says it will start collecting items like vinyl records, turntables and boom boxes. They will be included in an exhibit called "Hip-Hop Won't Stop: the Beat, the Rhymes, the Life." The project is expected to cost as much as two (m) million dollars and take up to five years to complete.
A museum spokeswoman says hip-hop is "here to stay" and as much a part of American history as jazz.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor