Big clan wrangle over tiny island (UK)
The Clan MacFarlane Society is worried about the condition of Island I Vow between Tarbet and Ardlui, which was once an ancestral stronghold.
It said the island, which is barely the size of a football pitch, was suffering at the hands of vandals.
But a couple from Bo'ness, who are also Macfarlanes, believe they have the best claim on the island.
They claimed ownership of the island several years ago using a legal process for land with no official owner, and they do not want the Clan MacFarlane Society to have it.
Instead, they are considering offering it to a public body such as the National Trust for Scotland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead