Big clan wrangle over tiny island (UK)Breaking News
The Clan MacFarlane Society is worried about the condition of Island I Vow between Tarbet and Ardlui, which was once an ancestral stronghold.
It said the island, which is barely the size of a football pitch, was suffering at the hands of vandals.
But a couple from Bo'ness, who are also Macfarlanes, believe they have the best claim on the island.
They claimed ownership of the island several years ago using a legal process for land with no official owner, and they do not want the Clan MacFarlane Society to have it.
Instead, they are considering offering it to a public body such as the National Trust for Scotland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history