Big clan wrangle over tiny island (UK)Breaking News
The Clan MacFarlane Society is worried about the condition of Island I Vow between Tarbet and Ardlui, which was once an ancestral stronghold.
It said the island, which is barely the size of a football pitch, was suffering at the hands of vandals.
But a couple from Bo'ness, who are also Macfarlanes, believe they have the best claim on the island.
They claimed ownership of the island several years ago using a legal process for land with no official owner, and they do not want the Clan MacFarlane Society to have it.
Instead, they are considering offering it to a public body such as the National Trust for Scotland.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award