Damaged war memorials get £100kBreaking News
Forty memorials will receive handouts for work including stonework repair, cleaning and metal conservation.
Among the memorials which benefited this year are one outside Sheffield City Hall, a village cross in Devon and one destroyed by vandals in Merseyside.
The award is the largest in the history of the six-year-old scheme run by the War Memorials Trust.
Memorials offered grants this year have ranged from major city centre monuments to small village crosses.
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors