Coming Soon to Mount Vernon, 3 GeorgesBreaking News
After almost two years of forensic research, historical delving, computer manipulation and work by a team of artists, Washington comes alive in three sculptures that are supposed to be the most accurate images of what he actually looked like.
The Mount Vernon Ladies Association, custodians of his estate in Virginia, have not yet received the statues, but they released pictures Thursday.
The statues show Washington as a young surveyor before he fought in the French and Indian War, the general as he took command of the Continental Army at the beginning of the Revolutionary War and the older statesman as he became the first president of the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian