Coming Soon to Mount Vernon, 3 GeorgesBreaking News
After almost two years of forensic research, historical delving, computer manipulation and work by a team of artists, Washington comes alive in three sculptures that are supposed to be the most accurate images of what he actually looked like.
The Mount Vernon Ladies Association, custodians of his estate in Virginia, have not yet received the statues, but they released pictures Thursday.
The statues show Washington as a young surveyor before he fought in the French and Indian War, the general as he took command of the Continental Army at the beginning of the Revolutionary War and the older statesman as he became the first president of the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments