Nazi deportees speak to Di Canio
"I've listened to the stories but I still have my ideas," the former West Ham and Charlton forward said later.
The meeting was set up by Rome Mayor Walter Veltroni, who previously brought AS Roma players face-to-face with Holocaust survivors at Rome city hall.
Fans have paraded swastikas and other Nazi symbols at some Italian matches.
The BBC's Christian Fraser, in Rome, says Di Canio has become the darling of the neo-fascist right.
On three occasions he has given a right-arm salute to the Lazio fans - which earned him a fine and a suspension from the Italian Football Association.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control