University of Washington Student Senate Refuses to Approve Memorial for WW II Hero
Apparently he "is not the type of person we want to honor" and some even went so far as to liken his duty in WW2 to murder. One of the biggest antagonists of the proposal was apparently the leader of the student Democratic Party.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven R Alvarado - 2/15/2006
Don't worry if the Republicans keep up their blunders, the Democrats will get their chance to re-continue their plunder.
Anthony Brundage - 2/15/2006
Now we can see why the Democrats have been relegated to minority party status. When a student Democratic "leader" considers heroic service in WW2 to be murder, the rot in the party is obviously at an advanced if not terminal stage. I say this as an anguished Democrat who has never considered patriotism to be a four-letter word. OK, fine, just keep indulging in your anti-American rants and let Bush, Cheney, and their pals continue to plunder the country.
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead