University of Washington Student Senate Refuses to Approve Memorial for WW II Hero
Apparently he "is not the type of person we want to honor" and some even went so far as to liken his duty in WW2 to murder. One of the biggest antagonists of the proposal was apparently the leader of the student Democratic Party.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven R Alvarado - 2/15/2006
Don't worry if the Republicans keep up their blunders, the Democrats will get their chance to re-continue their plunder.
Anthony Brundage - 2/15/2006
Now we can see why the Democrats have been relegated to minority party status. When a student Democratic "leader" considers heroic service in WW2 to be murder, the rot in the party is obviously at an advanced if not terminal stage. I say this as an anguished Democrat who has never considered patriotism to be a four-letter word. OK, fine, just keep indulging in your anti-American rants and let Bush, Cheney, and their pals continue to plunder the country.
- What Americans Don’t Want to See in a President
- Revealed: How the gruesome Operation Condor kidnapped and tortured and killed people
- Returning the Spoils of World War II, Taken by Americans
- Nazi-confiscated painting returned to heir of Jewish art historian
- Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming in October
- Historian chastises Sacramento State for substituting anthropology for American history
- Open Letter in Support of Historians in Japan
- This is just one reason Eric Burns decided to write a whole book about the year 1920
- Historian traces racist origin of Louisiana law allowing 10-2 jury verdicts
- Israel Museum turns Yuval Noah Harari's "Brief History of Humankind" into exhibit