Falkland War Memorial Near
The five-tonne rock is a gift from the people of the Falklands to Welsh veterans of the 1982 conflict.
On Sunday it was transported on the last leg of the journey by part-time soldiers from a TA regiment.
It is hoped the stone will form the centrepiece of a veterans' memorial to mark the 25th anniversary of the war.
Falklands veteran Andy 'Curly' Jones found the stone at the base of Mount Harriet, near the Falklands' capital Stanley on a visit to the islands last March.
comments powered by Disqus
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign