Governor's Palace at Williamsburg puts on new faceBreaking News
The makeover is tied to the upcoming "Revolutionary City" program.
Beginning March 20, the palace and other historic area sites, as well as Colonial Williamsburg's costumed interpreters, will bring to life the period from 1774 to 1781.
At the palace, rooms are being changed to look as they did during the term of Virginia's last royal governor, Lord Dunmore, who lived there with his wife and children until 1775.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut