Dig reveals Belfast's poor past
Part of the old 17th and 18th century town was exposed.
Although it is little more than the outline of brick walls, it has given an insight into the city's past.
It is thought about 1,000 people lived in what was a squalid area, most of them with just a room and a small yard to their name.
Office buildings and a printing press used to cover the lot at Talbot Street.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar